Taskbar not working windows 10? You’re not alone! Almost every user has encountered this problem at one point or another. And the taskbar is one of the key features of Windows 10 – it’s the panel that appears at the bottom of the screen when you open Windows Explorer or start any app.
But sometimes, the taskbar stops working just when you need it the most. In this blog post that information from Sohne, we’ll list five fixes you can try to fix the taskbar issue on windows 10. From restarting explorer to uninstalling recent graphics drivers, these are tried and tested methods that have worked for many people in the past. So don’t worry – with a little bit of effort, you’ll be able to restore the taskbar to its normal working state once and for all!
How can I fix my Taskbar in Windows 10?
If your taskbar isn’t working properly in windows 10, there are a few fixes that you can try. Here are five of the most common fixes:
- Make sure that the taskbar is enabled.
- Try uninstalling and reinstalling the taskbar.
- Disable taskbar auto-hide.
- Change the taskbar settings.
- Adjust the taskbar size.
Restart Windows Explorer
Windows 10 users have reported that the taskbar is not working properly. If you’re experiencing the same issue, here are some fixes you can try:
- Restart windows explorer.
- Check for updates and install any available updates.
- Check for power settings changes and make sure power options are set to “High Performance.”
- Check for system files and delete any files that are not needed.
- Try uninstalling and reinstalling explorer.
If the taskbar isn’t working windows 10, here are 5 fixes that you can try:
- Update windows: This is the first and most obvious fix. Make sure that the latest update for windows is installed.
- Enable taskbar: If the taskbar is disabled, try enabling it in windows settings.
- Disable windows shell: If you’re using a desktop environment like GNOME or KDE, you may need to disable windows shell to make the taskbar work.
- Disable taskbar previews: If the taskbar previews are disabled, try restarting explorer.exe or explorer.exe shell.
- Change taskbar settings: If none of the above solutions work, try changing taskbar settings in windows explorer.
Perform computer scan using System File Checker
If your taskbar is not working windows 10, there are a few fixes you can try. One solution is to perform a computer scan using System File Checker. This will check for any missing, corrupted, or outdated files and system settings. If the scan finds any issues, it will prompt you to correct them. Another solution is to restart your computer. This will help clear any temporary files that may be clogging up the taskbar. If neither of these fixes work, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling windows 10, or restarting your computer in Safe Mode.
Re-register your Taskbar via PowerShell
If the taskbar isn’t appearing on windows 10, there are a few possible fixes you can try. Re-registering your taskbar via PowerShell is one of them. Here’s how to do it: 1. Open the command prompt by pressing the windows key + c.
- Type ‘powershell’ and press enter.
- At the prompt, enter the following command:
reg add “HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Taskbar” /v taskbar /t REG_SZ /d “not app windows explorer”
- Press enter to restart explorer. If explorer prompts you to restart, restart explorer. If explorer still doesn’t show the taskbar, restart windows 10.
Uninstall the latest graphics drivers
If your taskbar is not working windows 10, there are a few fixes you can try. Uninstall the latest graphics drivers and reboot your computer. If that doesn’t work, try restarting explorer shell. If that still doesn’t work, try uninstalling task manager and restarting explorer shell. If none of these work, try repairing windows 10.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the possible causes of Taskbar not working windows 10?
There are a few possible causes of windows 10 taskbar not working. The most common issue is an issue with the taskbar itself, such as faulty hardware or software. Another issue can be an issue with the desktop taskbar extension, which prevents windows 10 from displaying the taskbar properly. Finally, there can be an issue with the settings in windows 10 that are affecting the taskbar.
What causes Taskbar not working windows 10?
Taskbar not working windows 10 can be caused by system errors, registry problems, user settings, or hardware issues.
If you’re experiencing issues with the Taskbar not working in Windows 10, there are a few fixes that you can try. Restart your explorer, update windows, or scan your computer for issues using System File Checker. If the issue still persists, try uninstalling the latest graphics drivers and re-registering your taskbar via PowerShell. Keep in mind that these fixes may not work for everyone, so please try them out and let us know if they work for you. Thank you for reading!